The recordings below are from a conference led by Dallas Willard and Bill Heatley at
St. Peter's Anglican Church in Birmingham, AL
August 5-6, 2011
Session 1, Dallas Willard - Theological Foundations of the "Hearing God" Life
- The Life of the Trinity as Communicating Community.
- The Purpose of Creation.
- The Spiritual Nature of Man and His Kingdom Under God. Gen. 1:26.
- The Gospel of Jesus-Return to the Kingdom. Col. 3:17.
Session 2, Bill Heatley - Our Work and Our Jobs in Kingdom Context
- The Purpose of Work as God intended.
- Hearing God Through our Giftedness, Ministry, Joy.
Session 3, Dallas Willard - Experiences of "Hearing God"
- Biblical Patterns and What They have to Teach Us.
- The "Normal" Way It Works-Then and Now.
- The Nature and Meaning of "The Still, Small Voice." I Kings 19:12
- Why God's Voice Is So Gentle and Must Be Sought.
Session 4, Dallas Willard - The "Sermon on the Mount" and Other Essential Biblical Teachings as the Framework of a Hearing God Life
- The Essential Role of Spiritual Disciplines in This Life.
Session 5, Dallas Willard - Barriers to and Blessings of a Hearing God Life
Session 6, Bill Heatley - Making Space for God at work
- Standard Objections to and Problems for a life of Hearing God.
- Why It Is So Important for All Disciples to Understand and Practice the Hearing God Life.
- Slaves and Soldiers: Ephesians 6:5-17
- The Discipline of Silence
- Working in the Power of God
Closing Question and Answer Session