Dallas Willard on Renovation
In this interview with our friends at Christian Audio, Dallas shares his thoughts on how we can develop a healthy spiritual life and why he wrote Renovation of the Heart. Recorded June 17, 2005.
Author Sketches: Interview with Dallas Willard
A phone interview with Dallas about Knowing Christ Today, the current crisis of Western culture and religion, and the urgent calling of Christian pastors as "the teachers of nations." Recorded March 5, 2009.
Catalyst West Interview with John Ortberg
John Ortberg interviewed Dallas in one of the CatWest sessions at Mariner's Church in Irvine, California. Topics: What has the church been missing that Dallas thinks this next generation of leaders should be addressing? The central message of the church. What is the gospel? What is heaven? Spiritual disciplines. Blessing. This is a good introduction to Dallas's teaching. Recorded April 22, 2010
Pain and Suffering
During a morning service at Menlo Church in Menlo Park, California, John Ortberg asked Dallas to explain how there can be a good God when there is so much pain and suffering in the world. Recorded November 20, 2011.
Dallas Willard on Hearing God
In this exclusive interview with Christianaudio, Dallas discusses his book, Hearing God, and includes further insights on communicating with God. Recorded March 16, 2006.
KKLA’s Frank Pastore Show
Frank Pastore hosted an afternoon radio show on KKLA in Los Angeles from 2004-2012. Dallas became one of his favorite guests, and they became good friend as you can hear in the following interviews:
- Responding to Those Caught in Sin: Frank asked Dallas to respond to the evil displayed in the recent execution of an Afghan woman allegedly caught in adultery, and to talk about how Jesus responded in a similar case. Includes comments about the beatitudes, righteousness, and some listener questions. Recorded July 9, 2012.
- The Feminization of the Church: Why the modern church has a problem recruiting, maintaining, equipping and mobilizing men.
- Why having religious knowledge, rather than mere opinion, is key to understanding the Gospel.
- Listener questions included topics of how prayer works, learning to identify the "voice" of God, and the part that reason plays in the process of salvation. Recorded April 17, 2012.
- The Incarnation, New Year's Resolutions: Why there needed to be an Incarnation.
- Understanding the will, both the impulsive and the reflective, and the role the will plays in discipline.
- Dallas shares the key to keeping your New Year's Resolutions. That same key will free you up to live the "easier" Christian life, with far less effort.
- "Don't wait to go to heaven when you're dead, go to heaven now." Recorded January 6, 2012.
- Forgiveness, Love and Parenting: God's availability in "messy situations."
- Forgiveness, love (loving our enemies, how do you fire someone in Christian love, love verses sentimentalism), parenting. Recorded May 18, 2011.
- The Good Life: Why be good rather than happy? Who is a truly good person? The nature of love.
- What Jesus meant about surpassing the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees.
- Do you think Jesus was smart? Recorded April 6, 2010.
- Dallas and Frank Talk About Spiritual formation: Dallas cites some of the classics: Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret, C. T. Studd, Elisabeth Elliot's Through the Gates of Splendor, Dawson Trottman, and F. B. Myers's Secret of Guidance.
- Frank asks about Dallas' associations with various parachurch groups. Recorded March 9, 2010.
- Love and Lust: When does temptation become lust?
- Learning to respond to the sin and temptation around us with a heart of love. Recorded February 11, 2010.
- Why There is Suffering in the World: Responding to the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti.
- Faith and knowledge as discussed in Knowing Christ Today. Recorded January 15, 2010.
- Jesus' Teaching on How to Become the Person We Want to Be: Dallas explains terms like "flesh," "world" and "heart" as used in the Bible, as in Paul's description of mortification of the flesh. How we can deal with "the lust of the flesh." Recorded November 16, 2009.
- Does Trusting Medicine Mean You Don't Trust God? Questions about a current case of parents who didn't get medical help for their child because they trusted God to heal, but the child died and now they're being brought up on manslaughter charges.
- Why is there a hell? Recorded October 9, 2009.
- The September 11 Attack: On this anniversary of 911, why did God allow it to happen? Why does God permit evil? Recorded September 11, 2009.